MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Something a little different

Today I have something a little different to show you mostly because I've been working on something that I will be able to show you tomorrow.  In the meantime.....


The pattern was one I found in one of my how to knit books - mostly stockinette stitch with some yarn over 'holes' to add interest. The yarn was a gift from my #2 son and daughter-in-love and is soooo soft and luxurious!

Today your quote is from William Young..."Don't ever discount the wonder of your tears.  Sometimes they are the best words the heart can speak"


7 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful scarf with a lacey look.
    Thanks for the project tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful, my friend. And oh yes, it looks incredibly soft!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful scarf.... such a lovely pattern and so delicate in that beautiful yarn! Wonderful quote too! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn does look very soft and drapy ( hmm....is that a word...probably not) Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely scarf, Mary Anne. The wool looks so light and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scarf looks very light and pretty! I once made a similar scarf of cashmere. Yarn-overs are like magic :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.