MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Two piles!


I have to have THE most indulgent husband!  The plans we had on Monday with my relatives fell through so he offered to take me to Len's Mills...woo hoo!!!  The closest store is nearly two hours away so it's not a quick hop-in-the-car trip.  Normally I am able to stop in when we are visiting our #1 son and his family and it's easy to justify going, but for him to suggest a trip JUST to go there was something I certainly wasn't about to say no to!!!

I came home with lots of wonderful goodies, including this pile of fodder for making my barns...

I could easily have picked up twice as many possibilities but tried to limit myself to just these.  Can't wait to play with them!!

Another little pile to show you...

It's fleece!
Obviously NOT for barns.
Hopefully I'll be able to show you in the 
next day or so what it's destined to become.
Stay tuned!

I also got some iron-on interfacing, a few balls of yarn and some invisible thread by Gutermann which I'm hoping will work better than what I have.  

We capped off the day by having a very late lunch/early supper in one of the restaurants we like.  All in all a wonderful day!!  


Today your quote is from another anonymous source:

Logic to Live By
- Make peace with your past so it doesn't spoil your present.
- What others think of you is not worth listening to.
- Time heals almost everything, give the time some time to work.
- No one is the reason of your happiness except you and yourself.
- Don't compare your life with others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Stop thinking too much, it's alright not to know.
- Smile, you don't have to solve all the problems of the world.






12 comments:

  1. Fodder for barns! Totally appropriate! Now I want to see where it ends up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see some amazing barns being whipped up with those fabulous fabrics. Aren't you just the lucky gal. I'd hang onto that husband of yours if I was you! Can't wait to see the next barn instalment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:42 PM

    Hi Karen,what a wonderful hubby wanting to take you Lens Mills,and what lovely purchases you made,what a happy day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip! The fabrics are all fantastic. And the CQ Quarterly looks wonderful. I need to order my copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband is a true gem to treat you to fabric and yarn shopping...and eating out at your favorite restaurant. Great projects in your queue. Fun links as always dear. Wise words to live by...if we listen. Creative Bliss...xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific DH to take you barn shopping. I can imagine many more barns arriving on your home page. Lots of great choices there.
    Don't forget to trap your invisible thread in the base of the Gutermann spool between uses.
    A good tip from yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A two hour drive to a fabric store....man that guy LOVES you! I equate that to a trip from my house to Chicago. I can honestly say Terry would never suggest it, lol. But I am lucky to have great local shops and he will gladly drive to any of them. I don't even have to justify why I need more fabric as he looks at my stash, lol. You got some good barn creating cuts.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary Anne that drive with your hubby was a nice day heh? lots of lovely fabric. thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy fabrics and there will be some smart barns in there I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! What a nice hubby! And he got to spend 4 hours driving and chatting to you. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hereby proclaim your husband the Hubby of the Year! He is Canada’s #1 guy. YAY!! And my DH Bruce is #1 in the USA for being so indulgent with me. Gotta love ‘em. Great fodder, btw! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. now there's a rare breed!! A man who encourages visits to fabric shops!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.